4AA

Hi, we are Michael and Nataly. We are the 4AA website club members. Please give us your best work for the website. Our favourite subject is Maths. We love eating pizza and ice-cream.  Our favourite books are James and the giant peach  written by Roald  Dahl and Gangsta Granny written by David Walliams.

SAM_9184

Mujtaba is a new member of website club.

SAM_9981

In Literacy we are learning about The Shang Dynasty. The main part we are learning about are dragon bones.  They are called dragon bones because in those times they believed that dragons bring you good luck.

In maths we are working on the compact subtraction method . Our teacher tricked us because she said that it is different from the column but it wasn’t. Nataly 9.1.17

My name is  Nataly  and I am 9 years old. At school I am in year 4 in class called 4AA. It stands for Aisha Akhtar and Year 4. My favourite subjects at school are ICT, Big Writing and  Maths.  My favourite food which my mum makes is chicken strips, wraps and cake.

chicken

Facts about …

NELSON MANDELA

1 Nelson Mandela was born on July 18th 1918. He was born In  Traskei , In Africa.

2 When he was born his name was Rolihlahla Mandela.

3 His birth name means ‘pull a branch of a tree and ‘ troublemaker.

4 Mandela was In prison for over 27 years.

5 He was the one which stopped the battle between black and white people.

nm

Letters To My Family Members –  By Nataly  In 4AA

nat

nataly 4aa

16521598_10154292648402283_65837273_n

mush

nataly

Mujtaba:

mujtaba neil a

n

Mujtaba – Why Sports Is Important

Children have to be active every day. Physical activity stimulates growth and leads to improved physical and emotional health. Today, research shows that the importance of physical activity in children is stronger than ever. For example, medical researchers have observed that highly active children are less likely to suffer from high blood pressure, diabetes, cancer of the colon, obesity, and coronary heart disease later in life. Exercise is also known to relieve stress. Some children experience as much stress, depression, and anxiety as adults do. And because exercise improves health, a fit child is more likely to be well-rested and mentally sharp. Even moderate physical activity has been shown to improve a child’s skill at arithmetic, reading, and memorisation. But sport, not just exercise, gives a child more ability to do stuff.

nat

All about Egypt

BY Mujtaba Alhamidi in 4AA

1. Most Ancient Egyptian pyramids were built as tombs for pharaohs (rulers of Ancient Egypt) and their families. To date, over 130 pyramids have been discovered in Egypt.

2. The afterlife was incredibly important to the Egyptians. They believed that by preserving a dead person’s body – which they did through the process of mummification – their soul would live on in the after-life forever.

3. The Pyramid of Khufu at Giza is the largest Egyptian pyramid. This incredible structure weighs as much as 16 Empire State buildings!

4. Both Egyptian men and women wore make-up. The eye-paint was usually green (made from copper) or black (made from lead). As well as offering protection from the sun, the Egyptians believed make-up had magical healing powers, too!

5. Unwrapped, the bandages of an Ancient Egyptian mummy could stretch for 1.6km. Yikes!

6. The Egyptian alphabet contained more than 700 hieroglyphs! Uncover the meaning behind these ancient symbols by checking out our awesome hieroglyphics feature.

7. Ancient Egyptians believed in more than 2,000 deities! They had gods for everything, from dangers to chores! Each had different responsibilities and needed to be worshiped so that life could be kept in balance.

8. Cats were considered to be a sacred animal by the Ancient Egyptians. It’s thought that most families kept a cat as a pet, which they believed would bring the household good luck!

9. Love playing board games with your pals? Well, gang, so did the Ancient Egyptians! One popular game was Senett, which was played for over 2,000 years! The game involved throwing sticks (in the same way we throw dice) to see how many squares to move your piece forward on the board.

10. The Ancient Egyptians invented lots of things we still use today, such as paper, pens, locks and keys and – believe it or not – toothpaste!

nat

HARRODS BY Mujtaba  Alhamidi in 4AA

Harrods is a luxury department store located on Brompton Road in Knightsbridge, London. It is owned by the state of Qatar.[1] The Harrods brand also applies to other enterprises undertaken by the Harrods group of companies including Harrods Bank, Harrods Estates, Harrods Aviation and Air Harrods, and to Harrods Buenos Aires, sold by Harrods in 1922 and closed as of 2011, with plans announced to reopen in 2013.[2]

The store occupies a 5-acre (20,000 m2) site and has 330 departments covering one million square feet (90,000 m2) of retail space.

The Harrods motto is Omnia Omnibus Ubique, which is Latin for “all things for all people, everywhere”. Several of its departments, including the seasonal Christmas department and the food halls, are well known.

In 1824, at the age of 25, Charles Henry Harrod established a business at 228 Borough High Street in Southwark. He ran this business, variously listed as a draper, mercer, and a haberdasher, until 1831 at least.[3][4][5] During 1825, the business was listed as ‘Harrod and Wicking, Linen Drapers, Retail’,[6] but this partnership was dissolved at the end of that year.[7] His first grocery business appears to be as ‘Harrod & Co.Grocers’ at 163 Upper Whitecross Street, Clerkenwell, E.C.1., in 1832.[8]

In 1834 in London’s East End, he established a wholesale grocery in Stepney, at 4, Cable Street, with a special interest in tea. In 1849, to escape the vice of the inner city and to capitalise on trade to the Great Exhibition of 1851 in nearby Hyde Park, Harrod took over a small shop in the district of Brompton, on the site of the current store. Beginning in a single room employing two assistants and a messenger boy, Harrod’s son Charles Digby Harrod built the business into a thriving retail operation selling medicines, perfumes, stationery, fruits and vegetables. Harrods rapidly expanded, acquired the adjoining buildings, and employed one hundred people by 1880.

However, the store’s booming fortunes were reversed in early December 1883, when it burnt to the ground. Remarkably, in view of this calamity, Charles Harrod fulfilled all of his commitments to his customers to make Christmas deliveries that year—and made a record profit in the process. In short order, a new building was built on the same site, and soon Harrods extended credit for the first time to its best customers, among them Oscar Wilde, Lillie Langtry, Ellen

Fidget Spinners by Mujtaba

FIDGET SPINNERS ARE PERFECT FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE STRESS AS THEY ARE KNOWN TO RELIVE  STRESS. TTHERE ARE MANY DIFFERENT MODELS SUCH AS LIGHT UP FIDGET SPINNERS 2 SIDDED FIDGET SPINNERS AND FINALLY ALIMINIOMS. MANY TEACHERS ARE ANNOYED BY FIDGET SPINNERS AS KIDS USE THEN IN LESSON WHEN THEIR NOT MENT TO BE USING THEM.

Scary or Funny? By Nataly

The Spider wick chronicles is a book series about a family which solve scary mysteries about boggarts and trolls which want to take a field guide which would help them with killing everyone in the world. The book is not scary at all but the movie which has all five books of them together is more like horror. At first you find it very scary but as you watch more you find it more and more interesting. I had 3 nightmares of the movie. I didn’t watch half of the movie. I only stayed with my back to the screen and with my eyes closed.

spiderw spiderw2

yr5

What I want to be when I grow up –  By Mujtaba  Alhamidi

DOCTORS

• When I grow up I want to be a doctor because my mum was a doctor and my mum said you get loads of money.
  • Also want to be a engineer like my dad he said it also gives you lots of money also I want to follow my parents footsteps.
  • I also want to be a professional goalkeeper in football because when I went to half term football club I found that I was good at it and I also got inspired by better goalies than me and me and my dad have been playing penalties at home and I’ve saved most of his shots.